What is the Product?Sunny Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil. An oil which has been proven to stimulate follicles and promote hair growth.
What Does the Product Claim to do?
Products from Amazon.com‹ ›
It works well for lengthening and thickening eyebrows and eyelashes, and is an effective treatment for acne. With a variety of uses for Jamaican Black Castor Oil, it’s an all-around, good natural product to incorporate into your daily beauty routine.
The original JBCO formula has a medium consistency, a light ashy aroma and a high ash content, ideal for regrowing damaged, dry or fading hair. Sunny Isle’s organic castor seeds are roasted and ground by a manual grinder, and then the crushed beans are boiled to extract the 100% pure, dark brown, organic oil.
It’s the best quality oil on the market.
Features & Benefits:
- Organic and authentic castor oil processed the traditional Jamaican way
- Stimulates hair growth for all hair types
- Helps to regrow hair in bald spots from alopecia (hair loss), chemical treatment and stress
- Can be used for eyelash and eyebrow growth
- Works as an effective moisturizer for hair and skin
- Natural acne treatment — ideal for acne prone skin
- Thick and rich formula that’s most useful for skin and hair conditions
- Strengthens and increases the length of your hair faster than any other brand on the market today
- No salt added
How to Use the Product
Apply it to the hair or scalp directly as is, or thin it with a carrier oil such as jojoba oil or avocado oil and then use. Because this oil has so many great benefits for natural hair, I also use it as a hot oil treatment.
This oil is a staple. I use it with the L.O.C method every few days.
How did the Product Affect My Hair?
I’ve been using this product for the past ten years. It has helped me to achieve long, thick natural hair.
I suffer from alopecia sometimes, and this product combats my hair loss. After my hair and scalp have thoroughly dried, I massage the oil into my scalp.
Pros and Cons of the Product
- Pros: This is a great oil to mix with deep conditioners. You can also thin it with a carrier oil for everyday use.
- Cons: The only minor con I have with this product is the smell. It has an ashy smell, but it’s not overwhelming. You can reduce the smell by thinning it with a carrier oil, such as olive, jojoba, or even avocado oil. Another way to mask the smell is by applying it on to the hair, and then layering on another product.